We provide wellness opportunities for HACC students, faculty and staff members. Wellness activities help develop student life outside of the classroom.
*HACC recommends you check with your doctor before beginning an exercise program.*
Virtual Wellness classes are being offered RIGHT NOW! Check the Wellness Calendar for classes and events.
(Click link above for the monthly schedule and locations, i.e. Zoom links)
Tuesdays - Energizing Cardio & Muscle Toning at 12 pm
Tuesdays - Yoga at 5 pm (Gain more flexibility and balance)
Wednesdays - T'ai Chi at 12 pm (Perform the peaceful movement of T'ai Chi)
Below are resources on prescription, tracking and other important aspects of exercise.
- Aim for a Healthy Weight —Offers ways to help you achieve a wealthy weight and/or lifestyle. These include interactive quizzes, guides to physical activity and suggestions for healthy grocery shopping.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator —Provides information and resources to determine your BMI, understand it and achieve a healthy weight.
- Fitness Calculators —Help you determine your caloric needs, race pace and other aspects of maintaining an active lifestyle.
- Map My Run —Enables you to plot out new walking or running routes. You can log your workouts and share all of it with your friends.
- Physical Activity Calculator —Calculates the estimated calories you can burn for performing different physical activities.
- Active Training Log —Is a free online training log. It includes tools to map out new walking/running routes.
Below is information on good dietary habits. It includes how to incorporate them into your life.
- Healthier US —Provides credible, accurate information to help you choose healthier options in life.
- Healthy Dining Finder —Allows you to search for dietitian-approved menu items. These range from fast food to fine-dining establishments. It also includes information on how they determine which foods are approved.
- Nutrition.Gov —Provides a variety of nutrition information. This information can help you make decisions for a healthier life.
Below is information on stress and sleep. It includes how you can overcome stress. It also includes how to minimize the effect of stress on your livelihood.
- Help Guide —Offers information on how to reduce, prevent and cope with stress.
- Mind Tools —Provides information to help you deal with job-related stress. It also includes how to overcome stress in a range of situations.
- Stress Assessment —Evaluates five different aspects of your stress. It also provides information to reduce the stress in your life.
- National Sleep Foundation —Offers information on healthy sleep and what can affect it.